Major General Sunil Chandra, VSM (Retd)
Education & Professional Qualification
- Result oriented professional with vast Military Service having served in Operational Areas and important Army and Tri-Services Training Establishments.
- Qualified Educational Professional with experience in dealing with top universities, running end to end operations of schools / Educational Institute’s and setting up processes’ from scratch.
- Last Profile held in active service was ‘Additional Director General - Army Educational Corps’ - responsible for Educational Training & Management of Human Resource Development of the personnel of Indian Army and friendly foreign countries.
- Core competencies: Project Management, Faculty training, Team Building, Innovation & Curriculum Development, Facilitating Foreign Languages Training. Been associated with the Educational Training of million plus troops of Indian Army from Pre-School to Post Graduate level including professional colleges.
- PhD (International Relations, JNU).
- Phil (International Relations JNU).
- Ed. & M.Ed.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA-Symbiosis Pune).
- MA (History).
- Psychologist (Served at Services Selection Board).
- Qualified Independent Director from (IOD) Institute of Directors.
Experience – Assignments held
- Henry L Stimson Fellow at Washington D.C.
- Ford Fellow at University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign) USA.
- Managing Director- Army Welfare Education Society, 2016-2018.
- Chief School Operation Officer- GEMS Education- India, 2015-2016.
- Chief Academic Officer- Everonn Education Limited, 2014-2015.
- Additional Director General of Military Training (Army Education) - dealing with all aspects of Policy Formulation, Planning and Coordination of Educational Training in Indian Army.
- Additional Director General for promulgation and implementation of RTI - Indian Army.
- Nodal Officer - for implementation Of Hindi as official language in the Army.
- Head of Academics Department- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- Principal- Army Cadet College, Indian Military Academy, Dehradun (Recognised by Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi).
- Chairman, Board Of Governors- Army Educational Corps Training College & Centre, an Autonomous College under Barkatullah University, Bhopal.
- Deputy Director General of Military Training (Army Education)- Directorate General of Military Training, Army Headquarters, New Delhi.
- Member - Jawaharlal Nehru University Academic Committee, Executive Council & Court.
- Member - Board of Governors, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, New Delhi.
- Member - Sainik School Society, run under the aegis of Ministry of Defence, New Delhi.
- Member Secretary - Central Governing Council which is the Governing Body of five Rashtriya Military Schools run under the aegis of Ministry of Defence and are located at Ajmer & Dholpur (Rajasthan), Bangalore & Belgaum (Karnataka) and Chail (Himachal Pradesh).
- Regional Director IGNOU – Indian Army Education Project at Southern Command, Pune.
- Executive Member - Indian Public Schools Council (IPSC).
- Principal- Sainik School (Residential Public School).
- Academic appointments - Professor and Professor in Indian Military Academy, Dehradun and National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Pune.
- Visualizing and formulating Educational Planning for upgrading the Knowledge & HR Quotient of sizable combat force through Conventional and Distance Mode Education.
- Bringing in Objectivity and transparency in modernization of training infrastructure resulting in system effectiveness through prudent and innovative practices.
- Ensuring high level of Organizational Motivation through effective financial management, promulgation of enlightened HR policies, effective training and inspired leadership, resulting in highly skilled in-service & post-retirement combat force.
- Functional Appraisal, Career Development and shaping of highly motivated close knit teams of organizations at various levels.
Core Competencies & Field of Skills
- Augmentation of Regional and Foreign languages in Indian Army for officers and troops.
-Human Resource Development -Project Management -Educational Administration
-Training & Development -Curriculum Development -Talent Acquisition
-Accreditation Process -Organizational Development -Faculty Development
-Team Building -Conflict Management
- Regular Interactions with IGNOU for Army personnel to enhance educational qualification such as Certificate, Diploma, Graduation, Post Graduation and in Management courses for a better in-service and post retirement life.
- Regular Interaction with CBSE, NIOS, NEUPA, KVS, NCERT, AICTE, BCI, NCI, DCI, MCI for enhancement of education of troops and Army managed Schools and Colleges.
- Regular interaction with School of Foreign Languages, under the aegis of Ministry of Defence, New Delhi for language training in Indian Army.
- Mentor Adventure-Pulse (Pune based company) specializing in treks to Mt. Everest, Everest Base Camp, Peaks in Leh-Ladakh region, Europe, Russia and Kilimanjaro.
- Bilateralism in South Asia-Indo-Bangladesh Relations - eBook.
- Conflict Management in Third World Countries - eBook.
- Co-Authored Book “Valour & Wisdom: The Growth and Genesis of Indian Military Academy”.
- Awarded the Vishishta Seva Medal (VSM) for distinguished Service by the President of India.
- General Officer Commanding in Chief, Southern Command Commendation Card in 2008 for outstanding performance as Col GS (Edn), HQ Southern Command, Pune.
- Interest and Hobbies
- Can tackle firmly all Social Responsibilities, Affiliation with Schools for Special Children, Disabled personnel and Welfare Activities extending beyond the Army.
- Sports including Golf.
- Mountaineering & Trekking.
- Public Speaking
Married, Wife- Educational Professional, Two Children’s, both married and suitably settled.