Dr Jaideep C Menon
Cardiologist (AIMS) Cochin, Kerala
- B.B.S – S.C.B. MEDICAL COLLEGE , CUTTACK
- D. ( Gen Medicine )- S.C.B. MEDICAL COLLEGE
- M. ( Cardiology )- C.M.C. VELLORE
- MEDICAL EDUCATION-
|MD (GEN MED)
|JUNIOR PHYSICIAN( CARD )
|RESIDENT IN CARDIOLOGY
||SIR GANGA RAM HOSPNEW DELHI
||LITTLE FLOWER HOSPITAL,ANGAMALY
| CONS CARDIOASSN PROF CARDIOLOGY
||AIMS , KOCHI&SNIMS CHALAKKA
- CARDIOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA- LIFE MEMBER
- C.S.I KERALA CHAPTER- LIFE MEMBER
- LIFE MEMBER, TOXINOLOGY SOCIETY OF INDIA
- INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION LIFE MEMBER
- ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICIANS OF INDIA LIFE MEMBER
- INDIAN SOCIETY OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS LIFE MEMBER
- SOCIETY FOR PAIN AND PALLIATIVE CARE IN CANCER PATIENTS,
ANGAMALY, LIFE MEMBER
-HEMOPHILIAC WELFARE Co-op Society Ltd, Angamaly
DISSERTATION - M.D. CHOLESTEROL AS A MARKER IN ASCITIC FLUID
EDITOR of the website www.physicianbyte.com
Treasurer “ Toxinology Society of India ’’ since 2010.
- “TREATMENT OF SNAKE BITES – A RESUME ’’ in vol 1: Issue 4 , 2007 of COBRA
- CIRCULATION : Vol 124, Issue 21 Supplement; Nov 22nd 2011 “Presentation, Management and Outcomes of 25,748 Acute Coronary Syndrome Admissions in Kerala, India : Results from the Kerala ACS Registry’’.
- CLINICAL PROFILE AND LABORATORY PARAMETERS IN 1051 VICTIMS OF SNAKEBITE FROM A SINGLE CENTRE IN KERALA, SOUTH INDIA (submitted JAPI, Journal of Association of Physicians of India )
- Lipoprotein(a) as a risk factor in Coronary Artery disease in Oriental Indians. (submitted IHJ, Indian Heart Journal)
- A DOUBLE BLIND, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED, HUMAN CLINICAL STUDY ON THE BENEFITS OF AMLAMAXTM ON RISK FACTORS SUCH AS HYPERCHOLESTEROLEMIA AND INFLAMMATION THAT CAN LEAD TO ATHEROSCLEROTIC VASCULAR DISEASE.(submitted ISRN )
- “ SUBSTANCE ABUSE- INDIAN SCENARIO ” in the IMA monthly medical journal in Malayalam
- EUROPEAN HEART JOURNAL Eur Heart J (2012) doi: 1093/eurheartj/ehs219 “ Presentation, management and outcomes of 25,748 acute coronary syndrome admissions in Kerala, India:results from the Kerala ACS registry ”
- TOXINS REVIEW , Nov 2013. Geographical variation of Indian Russell’s viper venom and neutralization of its coagulopathy by polyvalent antivenom.
- GLOBAL HEART – “Surveillance of Non – communicable diseases by Non-Physician Health Workers in Kerala : The Epidemiology of Non-communicable diseases in Rural areas ( ENDIRA ) study. Jaideep Menon et al: Global Heart.Vol 9, Iss 3, Sept 2014”.
- Co-editor of “ Handbook of Vascular Diagnostics and Intervention ” Springer –Elsevier ( to be published )
- Co-Authored two chapters in the “ Handbook of Toxinology “ – Springer-Elsevier 2014.
- Complications of Hemotoxic Snakebite in India
- ‘Snake Venom Detection Kit (SVDK): Update on current aspects and challenges
- Associated with the Indian arm of four International Multicentric trials for Elli Lilly, Daiichi Sankyo, GSK and Johnson& Johnson
- EFFECT OF INDIAN GOOSEBERRY EXTRACT ON LIPID PROFILE IN HUMAN SUBJECTS- published
- ON THE ANTI- INFLAMMATORY EFFECTS OF INDIAN GOOSEBERRY
( to be published )
- ECG CHANGES IN LEPTOSPIROSIS
- COR-RELATION OF CRP LEVELS TO THE TMT 1 MONTH POST AMI
ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES Regular Teaching schedule for the DNB, General Medicine and Family Medicine students in Little Flower Hospital.
Teaching and presentations in the SNIMS/ Pariyaram Medical College- (2009 - present
IMT AS A SURROGATE MARKER OF CORONARY ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN INDIAN SUBJECTS- C.S.I, STATE CHAPTER, Nov 06, KOLLAM
Lipoprotein(a) as a risk factor for Coronary artery disease in Indian subjects – presented in the State CSI Chapter, Sept 2007
CONVENOR – Conference on “ Snakes, Venom and Snakebite held on the 20th and 21st September 2008, Angamaly.
Presentation- Low Serum Lipid levels as a bad prognosticator in venomous snake bite at the above mentioned conference.
Member- Advisory committee for the conference on Snakebite to be held in Tezpur, ASSAM, Dec 2009.
Invited speaker SNAK-SYMP Tezpur 2009.
“ Clinical profile of venom phospholipases in the human system .”
Invited speaker – VIZAG LIVE 2010, Apollo Hospital, Vishakapatnam
“ CRP an inflammatory marker or something more.”ospital, Visd
Chaired a session in CSI Kerala chapter - Preventive Cardiology summit in Kochi in Sept 2010
Chaired a session in the Annual IMA Meet, Aluva – VATS in Sept 2010
‘Healthy Heart – Healthy Family ’
Seminar organized jointly by Sree Narayana Institute Of Medical Sciences, Chalakka and Mathrubhumi in Paravoor on prevention of heart disease and non communicable diseases.
Lions International Medical camp in Athani
Invited speaker - Dept of Biochemistry, Mysore University Oct 2010
“ Snakes, venom and snakebite”
Invited speaker – AMPTOX 2010, Kolkata,December 2010
“ Antihyperlipidemic potential of snake venom: A comprehensive study on Alloxan and high fat diet induced hyperlipidemic mice “
Invited speaker – First Annual conference of Toxinological Society of India in Chennai in Dec 2011
“ Cardiac and Neurological complications of venomous snakebite”
Convenor - Hemophilia conclave held at the Blood Bank, Aluva in June 2012
Aug 6th -12th 2012: Training programme in the Management of Venomous snakebite conducted in Jalpaiguri District of North Bengal
Sessions held at Community Health Centres, Medical College, district Hospital , IMAs and API at the request of the District Collector and Health services.
Aug 17th 2012 :UGC sponsored National Seminar on
LIFE STYLE DISEASES- AN EMERGING ISSUE held at Morning Star Home Science College, Angamaly
Delivered a lecture on ‘ Life style factors in Coronary Artery Disease and Hypertension’
Also delivered the Valedictory speech
Aug 19th 2012:
NASEC KOCHI 2012 ( National Summit on Epidemiology of CAD)
Topic: ENDIRA( Epidemiology of Non communicable Diseases In Rural Areas)
March 11th-12th 2013: Invited Delegate for the Protocol Development Workshop on “ Study of snake envenomation syndromes ,snake species-
Syndrome correlation and ASV dose finding for the Indian sub-continent” at CMC, VELLORE
March 18th-19th 2013: Invited speaker at the National Colloquium on Translational Health Sciences jointly organised by KBC, SRIBS and THSTI at Mascot Hotel, Trivandrum .
Topic: “ Risk score for vascular disease in an Indian population”.
Dec 8th 2013- Invited speaker for the Annual Cardiological Society of India ( CSI ) conference held at Bangalore.
Topic: “Diabetes and coronary artery disease, cardio-metabolic syndrome a continuum”.
Dec 10th 2013- Invited speaker for the “The 6 National Colloquium on evidence based integrative medicine for Lymphatic Filariasis and other Chronic Dermatoses” to be held by the Kasargod University.
Topic – Integrative medicine in the treatment of non communicable diseases.
Dec 18th- 20th – TSICON 2013 in GOA- Annual conference of the TSI.
Invited speaker : Topic – “Systemic pathologic effects induced by multi-toxic PLA2s (VRV-PL-V and VRV-PL-VIIIa) isolated from Daboia russelii venom”.
MAY 25TH to JUNE 5th – Attended the 46th ISCEP held at Kodagu, International Society for Cardiovascular disease Epidemiology and Prevention.
SEPT 27TH & 28TH – CSI-PREVENT- Invited Speaker and faculty on the first preventive summit held by the CSI in Agra.
Topic : “Lipoprotein(a) and Lipoprotein associated PLA2”
NOV 21st & 22nd – TSICON 2014, Invited speaker and faculty in the 4th annual conference held at Kolkata.
Topic : ‘’Treatment protocol for venomous snakebite’’
PATENTS – 1
Lipid lowering effect of snake venom phospholipase.
Principal Investigator “ ENDIRA’’, Epidemiology of Non-communicable diseases in Rural areas.
Program where in a survey of 5 Panchayats for non communicable diseases was completed.This is the largest single door to door survey for non communicable diseases in India.
This project has been taken up by the state “NRHM”, National Rural Health Mission as a pilot project targeting lifestyle change as a means to combat non-communicable diseases.
N2TA- No to Tobacco & Alcohol, a school awareness program targeting higher secondary students ( Class V11-X) in schools in the vicinity. This is an ongoing program, the total number of schools covered so far is 26.
‘ VIMUKTI ’- School level awareness program which involved training of picked school representatives. The school children are then responsible for spreading awareness among the rest of their school, Parent teacher organizations and the general public.
Title : Proteomic and Transcriptomic Profile/Analysis of Indo-Srilanka Hemotoxic snakes: Implications in development of effective, safe and feasible antivenin.
Agency: DST, Govt of India and MTR, Govt of Srilanka (Indo-Srilankan Joint Research Programme)
Sanction order with date: INT/SLP/P-007/2012, dated 15th May, 2014.
Life time award for excellence in profession as a Physician conferred by the Society for the physically handicapped and the infirm in Dec 2011
Award of honor conferred by the IMA and the District Health service in recognition of exemplary service rendered in the crusade against tobacco and alcohol in May 2012
I have not willfully held back any facts and all the above mentioned facts are true to the best of my knowledge.